Recruited in 2014 to create, lead and execute their first global content and social media strategies including processes, tools, analytics, budget, team, KPIs, platforms, community, voice, positioning, paid social and marketing campaigns. The results? Within 60 days I had already increased brand awareness, engagement and received major press attention and awards.
- Responsible for Airbnb being the brand standard for content and social media marketing.
- Created, hired and trained 5 new direct-report positions. Dotted line managed photography, video & social service teams
- Managed global content & social media teams in EMEA & Asia
- Created and lead the strategic and creative editorial process for global initiatives including brief creation, editorial calendar, brainstorming, translations, design, paid social and marketing campaigns
- Editor In Chief of Airbnb Blog
- Redesigned blog for better UX experience, readability, social share, engagement and search.
- Increased content production from 1X/week to several articles per day including press stories, community features, brand launches, company updates, inspiration and discovery.
- Increased SEO rank, page views by 3X
- Lead all content translation efforts for blog and social media including vendor selection, internal content writers and platform executions.
- Initiated and lead all UGC and community efforts on social media including growing to 75% user created content on Instagram.
- Created and lead Instagram content strategy, driving a 404% increase in average post engagement and creating 35X more user generated content (75%). Increased brand recall by 25% and won 2 Shorty Awards
- Created and lead the strategic and creative process for global initiatives including brief creation, editorial calendar, brainstorming, paid social and marketing campaigns
- Pitched, developed and produced big/new ideas and award winning content-led work including ‘Local Lens’ with photography & video.
- Developed budgets including staff, content production, tools, vendors, photography, influencers and video
- Implemented Brandwatch, the company’s 1st online tracking & analytic tool. Developed 1st Global Social Media reporting
- Worked closely with product teams
- Created & lead the New York Marathon Event Content & Social Media strategy including the development of a web site & a crowd-sourcing campaign, resulting in NY Times & Mashable mentions, capturing 2% of the entire NY Marathon conversation & over 1M engagements.
- Lead Instagram strategy including “Bookable Instagram” which drove over 15,000 clicks in 3 months, UGC, photo selection, editorial, which created exponential growth, driving a 404% increase in average post engagement & creating 35X more UGC.
- Launched global #OneLessStranger social media campaign. Leveraged personal network for influencers & produced US video content & developed framework for 3 tiers of Global Influencers. Generated over 3M engagements in 3 weeks
- Lead and executed the content and social media strategies for all events including the New York Marathon, Sundance and Airbnb Open
- Created first internal newsletter for all global social media/content/marketing teams so that everyone was learning the same strategies, results, updates to platforms and trends.
- Most Effective Brand on Social Media (Airbnb)
- Best Social Media Presence – Booking Site & Tool (Airbnb)
- 2015 People’s Choice: Online Film and Video (Airbnb)
- 2015 Cannes Lion: Mobile Craft- Use of Data (Airbnb)
- 2015 Shorty Awards: Best Brand on Instagram (Airbnb)
- 2015 Shorty Awards: Best Integrated Campaign Honorable Mention (Airbnb)
- 2015 Shorty Awards: Finalist in MULTI-PLATFORM CAMPAIGN (Airbnb)
- 2014 Skifties: Best Social Media Presence – Booking Site & Tool (Airbnb)
First Global Social Media Newsletter
Created to engage, inform and highlight global partners. I led a meeting every two weeks with our Asian and European markets so we could talk it through and also go through reporting.First Global Social Media Newsletter 8-18