Built, managed and mentored the first Content team of 40 (Editorial, Engineering, Photography, Video, Social Media and Content Operations) and created the Brand and Content Strategy for all platforms (site, email, social media, integrated marketing) and formats (editorial, photography and video).
Responsible for all content and day-to-day decisions about consumer facing stories, features, and videos that increased brand trust, revenue and brand preference and defined and managed all KPIs, content standards, publishing schedules, benchmarks, and timelines.
– Developed, executed and analyzed paid media campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, averaging $0.20-0.30 CPC when industry average is $2.50.
– Identified and pursued alternative content distribution and syndication opportunities, bringing in over $5M in new business.
– Oversaw the re-design, audit and updating of all content on edmunds.com including reviews, editorial, and research; wrote product requirements, UX, design and SEO efforts resulting in page views increasing by 4X and bounce rate decreasing from 70% to 30%.
– Increased content production from 400 pieces a year to 500 pieces a month including reviews and new article topics/formats. Increased video production from 120 videos in 2016 to an average of 75 per month in 2017.
– Decreased social unfollows by 318% whilst increasing Twitter, Facebook and Instagram followers by 30% in two months including target audience. Increased engagement overall by 450% and increased site traffic from social by 350%.
– Increased average video views from 400 to 96K by changing and leading creative direction and social optimization.
– Increased search traffic by 18% on key pages and improved ranking in two major content areas including 15 zero inboxes.
– Rebuilt consumer reviews platform and program, increasing user generated (UGC) reviews by an average additional 32,000 a month.